Air Conditioning

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:15:06 -0400

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000 02:15:54 -0700 "Robert A. Anderson" <fndango@azstarnet.com> wrote

>at all times. I have measured humidity levels between 35% and 55%
>approximately in homes in the Summer with AC running. I conclude that
>not all units are equally efficient, especially when the air is being
>cooled to a greater degree from a high moisture content level.
>
>Bob Anderson
>Tucson, AZ

Rob,

The RH readings I'm seeing this month are about 60% on average (the record was 82%) and most are air conditioned environments. I asked a heating engineer about this. He said that most central air units are too large for the area they cool. When temperature drops too quickly the units shut off leaving RH at these high levels.

I long for a good snowfall.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario