Welmar

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:31:37 -0400

I tuned a Welmar studio yesterday, #109006. The surprising aspect of this is that I had never heard of the London-based make previously and I've been servicing pianos in the "colonies" for thirty-eight years.

It appears to be well made, equipped with a Langer 100 action..... a nice mellow tone. An interesting feature is the side lifting lid, the hinges of which are secured to blocks, the dowells of which recess into the cabinet. Just lifts straight off. The muffler rail, too, was easy to disengage.

Can any of our British colleagues shed some light and thought on this maker?

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario, Canada