Back in Bergen

Tue, 08 Aug 2000 21:57:21 +0200

> It's nice to see that familiar name on the title line instead of "Dona", but I'm sure she's pretty nice, too!

Actually... she's really nice...grin.. she's my sister in law and probably
one of the most fun and warm persons I have ever known.

> Congratuations on your efforts. Your spirit amazes me.

Arlington was just great.. cant express how neat that was for me and how
glad I am that I made the decision to go.

> Did you get straightened away with the touch weight scenario?

Not really... I recieved some good notes from Jon Page (I believe), but
David's style is a bit.. er... declarative. So I have to take his word for
things and sit down with an action model and try and make sense of what he
had to say... I get stumped a bit on how by just looking at these data, one
is able to ascertain that the capstan needs moving. I am also a bit
unconvinced about how much impact to the balance equation small changes in
the key ratio can cause. Looking at the formulas and plugging in what
appears to be typical changes in the parameters dont pan out the way I
would expect... so useing an action model to dink around with different
scenarios.. I suppose I will begin to see how all these different
parameters inter-relate. So thats my little project for the fall.

> John Lillico,
> Oakville, Ontario
>
> P.S.  I had to send this through the List 'cause your address didn't take.
> What's this!! You say you're still an Associate?...

just didnt get around to changing my signature file yet.. grin.. We got
home today you see.. I'll get right on it.. Good to be back, and back home.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.