muffler bar problem

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:50:45 +0000

Hey Clydo,

this is fairly complicated solution.

Gently grip the felt of the muffler bar with two hands,  specifically
between the thumb and whichever fingers you deem fit for the following
application.
While the firm yet gentle grasp of your digits uniformly controls the
orientation of the felt, bend gently towards the body of, well, your body.
Just a little tug will do.
Once you feel the slight friction of the glue coming to the most strenuous
state you feel appropriate, discontinue the tugging motion.
The aforementioned method will affect the muffler bar felt in such a way,
that you will immediately notice its changed and uniform orientation, more
so towards the area of the strings than a vertical state.
This will allow total clearance for the hammers when the muffler is disengaged.
The results have been good for me, and I have never had a customer call
back after I´ve fixed it this way.  If you feel that the customer is
physically as well as mentally developed enough to handle the execution of
the aforementioned solution to this problem, you can assist them in the
mastering of  this method themselves.

Best regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland