mute rail linkage

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 08:47:10 -0700

I've always been baffled at the cheapness of these plastic turn buckles give the
quality if the rest of the piano.  You may want to consider just replacing it
permanently with something else instead of just temporarily.  A piece of soft
aluminum stock as you suggest might be the perfect answer.  Take the remains of
the old buckle along with one of the ends of the connecting wire, (to duplicate
the treads), to a machine shop.  All you need is a solid piece of aluminum, (say
about 1/2" square X however long it is), and drill and tap the hole, (which
should just be drilled all the way through).  It will last forever.  You would
have it a lot faster then it would take to order it, (a good machine shop should
be able to make it in within a couple days depending on how busy they are), and
I doubt it would cost much.

Luck.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV