mute rail linkage

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 21:27:24 PDT

The plastic "coupler" that connects the pedal rods for the felt practice
mute broke, and I need any "quick fix" ideas as a stop-gap until i can order
a new one. I was thinking of using a hard wood block  and tapping threads to
screw in the opposing rods, which are not only different size threads, but
right/left hand threads. Then I thought about using an aluminum block about
the same size as the original plastic coupler, then drilling small starter
holes and letting the threaded rods "self-tap" the block. Any other/better
ideas are appreciated! Thanks.

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG