Cruise pianos (non-$cientology)

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 13:34:39 -0700

Susan Kline wrote:

> It seems to me that any anchoring system is only as good as the leg plates.
> Has anyone checked cruise pianos to see if the legs are also reinforced
> at the top end?

I think that the posts on this thread described the legs being braced in
some way. Or maybe the undersides of the pianos were tethered to
attachment points on the floor - no leg bracing necessary.

> I remember that the Loma Prieta earthquake near San Francisco
> broke some leg plates.

Many grand piano owners think that they should dive under their
stout-legged Steinway in the event of a temblor. Loma Prieta proved
otherwise. I'm still replacing leg plates from that quake.

Tom

ps: We never did get an explanation of the (non-$cientology) comment
appended to the title. Kristinn, was that you? I'm not objecting, just
curious. :-)