yamaha p22 instability

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 09:50:31 PDT

Did you confirm that the pin coils were clean & tight, the strings were
proplerly seated, and/or the plate bolts were tight? I tune quite a lot of
these P22's at the store where i work, and usually don't have this problem,
when i do it's quite routinely one/all of the above. Of course, most pianos
will NOT stay in tune very long when they're new, as it takes several
tunings in the first year until they stabilize.

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG

>From: "Ron Koval" <drwoodwind@hotmail.com>
>To: pianotech@ptg.org
>Subject: yamaha p22 instability
>Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 11:47:03 GMT
>
>Hi everyone-
>
>I worked on a Yamaha P22 last night(#225454)- my first time there, 5th
>tuning for this instrument.  Pin and string movement seemed fine, piano was
>only about 8 cents flat,  but it just wouldn't stay put! (imagine that, a
>piano creeping all over the house)  I finally got the unisons to stay
>clean,
>but it just wasn't a 'normal' Yamaha tuning for me. Has anyone out there
>run
>into this?  Is there something I need to check?  No sunlight hitting the
>strings, no heat kicking on . . . it had me scratching my head!
>
>thanks
>
>Ron Koval
>Chicagoland

Terry Peterson