ELIAN

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:53:16 EDT

In a message dated 04/27/2000 8:41:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

> I agree that the boy should have been reunited with his father. But there
was

>  absolutely NO reason to have heavily armed agents storm the house in a
>  Gestapo like manner, in the middle of the night. This could have been done
>  during the middle of the day, with agents dressed in suits, knocking on
the
>  front door.
>
>  Willem

What if the family refused to give up the boy (which they already said they
would) and hunkered down?  With all the demonstraters alerted and everybody
ready for the impending "raid" the chances for violence would be much
greater.  It was harsh but in my opinion necessary, and it worked with no one
physically hurt.
David Koelzer
DFW Texas