Tip sizes

Ra Byn James Taylor btnaudio@flash.net
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:14:05 -0500

I was rather unhappy to find out that tip numbers aren't standardized. When
my new tuning hammer came with a Hale #2 tip that seemed loose for grand
pins I checked it against my mentors APS #2 & his was much smaller. Then we
found Schaff #2 & it  was another size (I don't remember which direction).
I've heard some people say they change tips depending on whether they're
tuning uprites or grands but the guy I work with says his tip works well for
both.

SO............for those of you out there who use a Hale tuning lever with a
Hale tip, which tip size do you use?

While your ordering a new tip, don't forget a tip wrench. I've heard horror
stories about not having one when the tip comes loose 30 miles away from
home at a tuning job.......

they're too cheap not to own a few & keep in different places...........

Sincerely,

ra byn james - 28