Beware! Worn out tuning tip.

Johannes28@AOL.COM Johannes28@AOL.COM
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:05:12 EDT

Dear List,

Well, my number 2 tip fits the pins of the Petrof pianos I tune very snug.
Petrof uses smaller tuning pins.  But the fit of my number 3 tip I use on
other pianos with larger ('normal size') pins is quite jiggly by comparison.
I had once mistakenly used the number 3 tip to tune the Petrof pianos and
perhaps that ruined my number 3 tip.  Using a too large tuning tip for the
size of pins will cause damage.

What size tuning tip do you use for standard pianos?  (ie: Yamaha, Kawai,
Baldwin, Steinway, etc.)

Thanks,

Johannes Spannung