diet & exercise

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 06:21:50 -0500

Terry,

It is this way with me as well. Sometimes if I skip lunch, and am tired
(from lack of sleep or whatever), I turn into a real bear while I'm tuning.
Seems like everything goes wrong and nothing goes right. But when I get some
food in me...ah, much better! :-)

I would also add SLEEP to your list of diet and exercise. It is so important
for us to have adequate sleep or we simply cannot do as well.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Charly Tuner
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2000 10:15 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: diet & exercise

Having just tuned my 140th piano as a tuner/tech, I am beginning to really
appreciate the importance of eating a good, healthful and balanced diet,
especially breakfast, which gives me energy for the first 2-3 tunings. I
know that the times I've missed breakfast my mind was not able to focus very
well until I stopped and got something to eat. I am going to start bringing
lunch to the store, and maybe some "Power Bars" when I feel a pang or two.
Also, I need to start getting back into my cardio and strength training
program....the old metabolism isn't what it used to be!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG