Wim's observations, another viewpoint

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:23:41 -0500

> I think one of the reasons more young people aren't coming into the field is
> that high school counselors and college piano professors never mention this
> as a possible career.

Back in the dark days when I was a transient ward of the educational
system, counsellors would set me down and ask me what I planned to do
professionally for the rest of my life. They really really liked the phrase
"for the rest of your life", as I recall, and used it a lot. I'd answer
that I didn't know, because I hadn't yet seen a complete list of the
available options. To this day, I still haven't. Meanwhile, the time wasted
on these sessions would have been much better spent eating something fattening.

Ron N