Euterpe pianos

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:36:35 -0700

List,

Anyone familiar with this make of piano?  Just ran across my first one today.
According to Pierce, they've been in business since 1875 but made pianos since
1860.  (???)  German made.  I was not particularly impressed with the one I saw,
and suspected it had been made in eastern Europe.  Tight pins, difficult to
tune, thickest action cloth I ever saw on wippen heel, mushy letoff (high
friction). No amount of regulating makes it really good.  Those were my first
reactions, but I would be interested in hearing others' experiences.  The
customer said they were being distributed by Bechstein, or so he was told.

Paul S. Larudee