AUDIO RECORDING OF ACTUAL TUNING

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:04:58 -0500

Tom Robinson wrote:

>He suggested
>listening to the recording for a couple of seconds, then switching it
>off and comparing the interval beat to what my brain remembers.
>Question is, do recordings like this exist?  Any suggestions?
>
>Tom Robinson

It sounds like you may need a Sanderson Beat-Rater which is designed for
just the purpose you describe. The Beat Rater plays beat rates and should
still be available from Inventronics.

Beyond that, have you tried tuning a temperament using TuneLab as a
guide? Tune each note aurally and then step TuneLab to that note and
immediately see how you did. Then correct with TuneLab and listen to the
resulting beat rate. Do this for each note and you will get a lot of
practice fast.

>East Tennessee - do spinets deserve a fine tuning?

They need all the help they can get, including fine tunings.

Kent Swafford