PTG exposure

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:21:52 -0400

Wallace Scherer wrote:  Regarding RPT

> Nobody knows what it is anyway, except a few professional musicians.
> Nobody cares if you are a registered piano technician,

We are working on this.

Our chapter has taken a few new initiatives.

1) Our local association of "registered" music teachers,
 200 of them, now recieve a different educational mail out
five times a year ( taken from business manual material).
It goes out in the with their own newletter for nominal cost.

2) We now run a group add in the yellow pages(includes RPT definition)

3) We are making the Yamaha video"Music and the Brain" available for
showning at a "registered" music teacher meeting. Have made ourselves
known to be available to give little presentations.

4) We started local testing again locally. Two associates just upgraded.
     We just voted to sponsor associates registration fees at convention that
will take
     exams at th convention, or have never been to a convention before(must
apply).
     As numbers of RPT's grow out of the number of associates, our exposure
     is increased. More technicians are excited about promoting the name then
there
     was a year ago. The local Yamaha dealer is more excited about RPT then
he use
     to be, as he just upgraded.

 I think your comment, Wallace, as quoted above, is not without some merit.
You may have a point.
 Never less it is up to us to improve upon it, not give up.
 Franchises work,
 as franchised members, RPT's need to use the available resources.
 But, if we aim at nothing we will surely get it.

                                                    Cheers, David Renaud
                                                     RPT, Canada

PS: What have other chapters done to raise public image/exposure?
       Ideas please.