Guild Sponsorships

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:55:19 EDT

David;
 There is no proscription from Chapters paying expenses for 'anyone' to
attend a Seminar/Convention in the PTG bylaws.  The only thing that is
addressed in the bylaws is concerning attendance at Council as a Delegate or
an Altenate, i.e.;

"Chapters may bear all or any portion of their delegates and alternates'
expenses incurred as a result of attending a Council meeting, so long as
there is no payment made for the time spent serving as delegate or
alternate."

 Since only RPTs may serve as a Delegate to Council this bylaw applies only
to RPTs. (observers of all persuasions are welcome of course)....  Chapters
therefore are legally correct ,according to our bylaws, in paying any
expenses for anyone attending any other function to include seminars and
Conventions.

 I 'personally' think that chapters supporting attendance at these affairs is
good for the individual, the chapter, PTG and the trade as a whole, and I
fully support the subsidization as such.
Hope this helps some.
Jim Bryant (FL)