Coleman 11

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 01:12:08 -0500

> "We believe to be that which we perceive.
> We perceive more easily that which we believe,or wish to.
> Our perceptions and our beliefs form our reality.
> Therefor, perception is our reality, a reality
> that is not needfully true to any but ourselves."
> Faintly Dull
>
> On a rainy, lazy day In Jax.......
> Jim Bryant (FL)

Hi Y'all...I've been on the sidelines for a couple of weeks now and have
followed the proceedings with great interest. I'm a newcomer .....Dan
Jackson from Wmbg VA where the pollen is heavvvvvy.
	For some reason Jim's faintly dull stab at philosophical understanding
has sparked me to jump in here. Besides, I have questions for those who
are willing to share their knowledge.
	Jim, I like your reasoning generally and the bird stories too so you
must know that some people believe in that that they cannot perceive and
for some there is a reality beyond perception. However I believe that
you allude to the fact that we all have our own experience including the
aural sensation. I am made acutely aware of this by people everyday.
	In the first couple of years when I was learning to tune I used Mr
Jorgenson's Tuning the Historical Temperaments by ear. It is a wonderful
and well used book (so to Mr Jorgenson - many thanks). I have not been
proactive with the HTs but all this input has me thinking in that way.
In Feb. there was a group called the Red Priest from England who asked
for a Vellotti temp. It is always a treat for me to be asked to do
something like this because if you ask teachers etc they'll say to just
tune it ET. In Colonial Wmbg (CWF) they use the Vellotti & what they
call a standard French and a homogenous French temp. They are forever in
the 18th cent. I think having all these different temperaments is great.
The more it's done, the more people will hear the difference. Maybe not
a lot of people but still more.
	Like I said I'm knew here and would like to know where I could get the
Coleman 11 to try? I'm guessing from Jim Coleman but then one shouldn't
assume too much (or so I've been told).
	With some trepidation............Dan J /