Coleman 11

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:09:57 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/00 9:55:08 PM Central Daylight Time, avery@ev1.net
(Avery Todd) writes:

<<  I'm going to try and get faculty and students from UH and Rice
 to come,  >>

The concert pianist (and excellent pipe organist) whom I serve often and who
will be the pianist on the CD that features the EBVT that I have in the works
was a graduate student at Rice.  He told me he tried talking the the piano
technician at Rice (I won't say who that is here) and "got nowhere".  He had
a very unsatisfactory time there, according to him.

He told about how here in Madison, everyone he knew was excited and inspired
with the music they were interested in and how he had learned so much about
how the piano should sound and be played from Mr. Farley.  He learned to
recognize one of my tunings when he hears one and really thinks they are the
best he has ever worked with.

He said at Rice, on the contrary, people were cold and indifferent to music
and he wondered why they were studying and teaching what they were since to
him, they had no apparent interest in it.  He said he felt alone and strange
about the way he perceived music and what it meant in that environment.

Let's all hope Ed can break the ice at Rice!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin

P.S.  Bye the way, those figures for the Coleman 11 look dangerously close to
those of the EBVT.