It's a gift

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:07:13 -0500

Just  had a wonderful phone conversation referred to me by one of the music
stores in town. The lady wanted to know what it was going to cost to tune
the piano she was about to have delivered. Sound familiar? My third degree
produced the information that she didn't know the brand, the type, or the
age. "The owner's parents had bought it for her when she was a young girl
and the owner is about 50, so... this is 2000... carry the... that's...
uh... some time in the sixties, and I assume it was new at the time". I
told her I'd assume not, since I've had more of these conversations than
she has, but we might actually get lucky and it might actually be a
serviceable instrument. That's when she dropped one of the best customer
lines I've heard in a long time. She said, "It's a gift. It can't cost much
to tune it up". I think this one will take the "second favorite" position
in my customer quote list.

Now, at long last, I know why I've had so much trouble trying to
communicate with people all my life. My logic processes seem to be all wrong!

Trying my best to bear up under this revelation, I got her to promise to
call me back with the name and serial number so we could at least see how
old it is. Then we'll take it from there.

Ron N