Shallow repetition

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:49:37 -0600

Hi Jarred,
               As an addendum to Ed's advice, you may need to check the
tailing
very carefully,as well as back check height and rake.  If the geometry is not
healthy in this area it may be difficult to regulate to the 1/2" spec.  Once
you get every thing in good shape with the checking, you will be suprised how
much you will be able to increase spring tension.
Lightly checkering the tails will help for ppp checking with strong springs
Shortening the blow distance and dip can also help, but there will be a trade
off in max power.
If you are living in a fairly stable humidity area, pushing the after touch to
about .010" to .015" will help.
Regards Roger

At 08:37 AM 06/04/00 +1000, you wrote:

> G'day list (A bit of Aussie culture)
> I have a client with a ten year old Steinway "B" and I am having trouble
> satisfying his desire for faster repetition or more specifically shallow
> repetition, by which I mean the ability to repeat the note while only
lifting
> the key minimally.  The action is regulated pretty much to factory
> specifications with the exception of the repetition springs which are a
> little on the strong side (owners request).  Any pearls of wisdom will be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Jarred Finnigan
> <mailto:jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au>jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au

Roger Jolly