pneumatic press for soundboard repairs

MBrat70179@AOL.COM MBrat70179@AOL.COM
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 23:30:32 EST

List,

I have a church with an eleven year old Baldwin vertical.  The soundboard is
coming loose along the top edge near the bass.

I have heard of using a pneumatic press to provide the clamping force needed.
 I have also talked to a couple of local techs.  One mentioned the name Clare
Davies.  They said he wrote an article in the Journal about pneumatic presses
made from fire hose.  He also said I could use an inner-tube wrapped with
duct tape.

Question:  1.  Does anyone have a preferred method for this type of repair,
and approximate time needed to complete.

Question:  2.  Does anyone have the article written by Clare Davies for
details on making the fire hose press.

Mike Bratcher