Bridge glue joint seperation.

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 06:35:01 -0500

Hi all,

Church annex piano, 5' Krakuar Grand,  has a seperation in the glue joint
where the two pieces of the tenor/treble section of the bridge our joined.
I can get my artist spatula in the seperation and out the back side of the
bridge.
Some of the notes with thier strings running across this section have an
unpleasent sound.
The piano is in decent shape and gets used regularly by two choral groups
and by instructors for student recitals.

My thinking here is get some epoxy in the joint, counter sink a hole on top
of the bridge and run a screw through the joint.  Is this a valid repair for
this situtation?

Thanks and everybody have a pleasent weekend.

Doug Mahard