Scandinavian Humidity Hassles

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:04:38 +1000

G'day Richard,

I've had good results in pianos here in Canberra, Australia with
Dampp-Chaser.

We get into single digit RH in summer here. In a completely hostile
environment...the best thing is to put the D/C system in the piano and try
to control the room as well.
Although your institution seems to at least be trying...

Maybe the solution for your bean-counting administrative types is to get
them to pay for one system, find a studio/practice room with two similar
pianos in it, install it in one and leave the other as a control. Let the
system prove it's point. Hopefully, one piano comes out
at the other end still stable and the other continues misbehaving. Trouble
is, that the test might take a year or so to really prove the point!
Meantime everything else is still wandering wherever.

If there is an answer to convincing bean-counters, I'd love to hear it!!

"Economic Rationalism is an oxymoron!"

Mark Bolsius
Bolsius Piano Services
Canberra Australia