Plastic (old) elbow dilemma

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:35:57 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/99 3:17:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tcole@cruzio.com writes:

<<
 The nice part about this job, especially if time is a factor, is that
 the customer can help if they are so inclined. I showed this one how to
 grab the drop lifter wires with the vicegrips and remove and replace the
 elbows while I crunched the old plastic out of the wips. Forgot about
 leaning the piano against the wall, though, which would have been easier
 on the back. >>
Tom:
YUou are really asking for trouble when you get the customer now involved in
this rather delicate  job.  YOU are the professional and I doubt if your
friendly Automobile Garage Professional would have you shlepping around under
your auto while he fixes something and lets you help.  Let's get serious- and
be professional in what we do. Kinda reminds me of a photo I once saw of a
cabin front in rural Alabama.  On the porch were several signs.  The first
said:Live Bait Sold Here; the second said Tires sold and changed; and the
third said:Piano Tuning.
Bob Bergantino, RPT
An avowed do-it-yourselfer who knows the boundaries.