etd's

Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:12:12 -0500

Mike,

At 09:56 10/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello List,
>     In all the responses, i don't recall any mention about the
>embarrassment factor of an old computer.

It's only as embarrassing as you want it to be.

I'm not embarrassed to have a century old upright piano which works well,
why should I be to have a teen-aged computer which also works well, and is
y2k compliant. (I just never set the clock when I boot it up.)

My PS2 drives my Proprinter II much better than my Pentium does, and the
old thing has games I like on it that just run too fast on the new.

> ...is definitely a concern with a laptop.

My only concern with my laptop is spilling a hot drink while I'm driving.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician 	mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College				(319)-387-1204
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045

Early to rise, and early to bed,