Stranger than fiction?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:08:16 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/99 11:07:34 PM !!!First Boot!!!, ulrich@rangenet.com
writes:

<< Sorry for the of topic, but let me run this by you people - I have a
customer that wants to experiment with piano wire in his weed eater ILO
plastic. He apparently has a machine that uses 24" x 3/8" (or so) plastic
strands that wrap somehow around an armature adn thinks that piano wire would
be more effective. Dare I give him a piece to experiment with? I'm having
trouble with product liability in that because I know what his intended
purpose is I am not without responsibility in selling the product for a
purpose for which it is not intended. What if somebody gets hurt if the wire
gets loose? Ideas?

 Roy Ulrich

If he buys wire from you and uses it for what it is not intended to be used
for, he is at his own risk. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that tell
him: 1. Some hardware stores sell piano wire.  Or 2. Give him the number of
one of our supply houses.

I had a guy call me for some piano wire because he wanted to string his
racquetball racquet with it.  He said he hits the ball so hard, he kept
breaking nylon string. I sold him a 1/3 coil of # 14. I warned him it would
cut the ball. I don't know if he ever used it.

Willem