Vacuum

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 21:03:48 -0700

Hi, Dave

>Cloth probably doesn't filter as well, or may clog up. replacing paper is
>supposed to be easier than throwing it in the wash. I can hear a vacuum guy
>say in my head "It ain't designed that way." Shades of piano wire on a weed
>whacker. Hmmmmm.

Not at all sure of this. The old velour bag worked just fine, and didn't
clog up a thing. I think that paper's main value in the vacuum business is
twofold: for the owner, fastidious disposal without touching the dirt; for
the manufacturer, something that can be sold over and over.

>BTW I am looking for a replacement vac for my mighty mite that is slowly
>giving up the ghost after 16 years. One of my primary requirements is HEPA
>filtering.

In the owner's manual of the Mighty Mite I bought from Sears last week,
there was a diagram showing where (on some models, not my own) an HEPA
filter will fit. So, just find the right model.

Susan