Vacuum

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:17:32 -0700

At 10:27 PM 10/04/1999 -0400, Jim wrote:
>Hi Susan. No problem on bag replacement as far as I can see. Actually, you
>do have to forfeit any yuppie status you may currently have when returning
>to -any- old fashioned method.

Hi, Jim. Don't worry, nothing there to forfeit. After all, I work on
non-digital pianos, don't I? That can't even be plugged in???

>Seriously, you may want to explore materials for durability and/or
>porosity.

Yes, that might be advisable. Luckily, I still have the old worn-out
small vac, with the velour bag, which gives me a hint of what sort of
cloth (heavy velour, lots of nap, fairly close weave.)

I think that if I were to make up a prototype bag, I could put it on
and listen to the motor, then take it off and put on the paper bag,
and listen to the motor. Should be in the ball park.

>On another note, my Hoover Porta-Power has served me well since
>1970-something. In case it dies before I do, I'll want an immediate
>replacement. It will likely be the Eureka Mighty thing since the Hoover is
>discoed. Trouble is, I can find anything but the big Eurekas carpet
>sweepers in this corner of the world. The smaller stuff is either B&D or
>Red Devil offerings.

Sears. If you can't find it there, try through their catalog.

Regards,

Susan