Vacuum

Dave Stocker firtree@home.com
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:40:15 -0700

>Is it anywhere written that I can't sew myself a reusable cloth
>bag, matching the attachment system of the throw-aways? Has anyone
>ever tried this?

Cloth probably doesn't filter as well, or may clog up. replacing paper is
supposed to be easier than throwing it in the wash. I can hear a vacuum guy
say in my head "It ain't designed that way." Shades of piano wire on a weed
whacker. Hmmmmm.

BTW I am looking for a replacement vac for my mighty mite that is slowly
giving up the ghost after 16 years. One of my primary requirements is HEPA
filtering. A) so I can vacuum mouse detritus safely, B) so I don't have to
aggravate dust allergies, both mine and the customers. The only HEPA rated
portable I have seen is by Riccar - a brand most stores have never heard of,
even though Consumer Reports gave it their highest rating. I got a quote of
$250 for a very powerful but compact model, but it doesn't blow!

Anybody found anything better with HEPA?
Anybody know of an intelligent blower, short of bringing your shop air
compressor with you?

Dave Stocker
Tumwater, WA