balance rail bearings

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 14:29:57 -0400

> someone other than me would have noticed this and made appropriate corrections. Does
> this condition also apply to current production? (I don't get out much - 8-} ).

I don't get out much but I am going to Steinway Hall this evening for
a PTG meeting and I will look and feel.

In the old days pianos were assembled and tested in the factory by
workers who could _play_ the piano.  This is how the great houses
evolved their instruments, management, production, workers and
musicians working together.  Rarely happens today.

		Newton