Bare Bridge

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 22:56:30 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/99 5:50:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
ginacarter@email.msn.com writes:

<< Today I tuned an August Forster, 6 month old grand, model 170 (5"7"). Nice
 piano, nice tone, nothing unusual except..tada..a bare bridge, no graphite,
 no kind of lubrication that I could see. Beautiful piece of wood, startling
 in contrast to what I usually see on bridges. This piano tuned up very
 nicely and easily. My question is do any of you know if there is a
 lubricant, obviously invisible,  on the bridge. And if there isn't, then why
 do most other manufacturers put something there?

 Gina

 Gina Carter
 Charlotte NC

 Gina,

Bechstein doesn't put graphite on their bridges either.  At least on the few
I have seen.

Andrew Remillard