Hammond Organ

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 18:57:57 -0400

Sorry Harvey.

I have already seen several Hammond Organs in Venezuela fitted with a =
complete set, what I did not know is where they got the solid state =
tubes, but Billy the Kid gave me the answer.

Elian
    -----Mensaje original-----
    De: harvey <harvey@greenwood.net>
    Para: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Fecha: Domingo, 28 de Marzo de 1999 02:30 a.m.
    Asunto: Re: Hammond Organ
   =20
    To JimRPT: valves and tubes (one is Euro version);
   =20
    To Elian: Unless something has changed, it's unlikely that solid =
state replacements are available for anything other than, possibly, the =
rectifier tube.
   =20
    To Rogerio: No problemo con los valvos nuevo, pero... porque su =
piensa que los valvos esta malo o roto? If memory serves, the RT3 is =
primarily a tone wheel generator model. The on-board electronics served =
as a pre-amp for another remote slave amplifier/cabinet. There may have =
been some square black tabs on the console that either coupled or did =
something with pedal tones (sub-frequencies).
   =20
    It certainly won't hurt to have new tubes (valves), since it will =
give you backups. However, the 'newest' RT3 is now... old. More than =
likely you will find problems with either the filter capacitor, and/or =
the coupling capacitors. Now, really trusting memory, your tube =
functions would likely be:
    5U4 =3D rectifier, as mentioned;
    12AX7 =3D preamp
    5Y3 =3D phase inverter
    6L6 =3D output
    etc. =3D never heard of this one. 8-}
   =20
    I see you now have a source for tubes. If the new tubes don't work =
out, E-mail me (or Dale Probst).=20
   =20
    Regards,
    Jim Harvey, RPT
    (y perdonome Espanol.. mucho tiempo pasada)
   =20
    At 08:27 PM 3/26/99 -0300, you wrote:=20
   =20
        To the list.
        There are someone on the list that knows where I may to buy a =
full set of valve tubes to the my church's Hammond organ model Concert =
RT 3 .
        I need to buy this and is better if from USA and, if possible, =
is more easy to connect by email or fax.
        I thanks to all
        ROGERIO CUNHA - IC MEMBER OF THE GUILD
   =20
   =20