Absences doesn't make the heart grow fonder

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 09:42:21 EST

In a message dated 3/26/99 7:12:35 PM Central Standard Time,
btrout@desupernet.net writes:

<< Question is, how do you protect yourself from this kind of situation?  Do
you
 refuse to tune if there's no one home?  or if they have to leave for work
 before you're done? or if they want to leave the door open for you?

 It's a legitimate concern considering the society we all live in.

 Would sure like to hear what you think!

You can get liability insurance to protect yourself from damage claims through
the insurance company with the PTG.

As far as the other concerns. Don's story is unique. How many others out there
have ever had a problem? There are probably some, but I don't think we should
give up our "normal" routine, just because one person had a "bad" experience.
If that were the case, none of would drive any more, because a couple of us
were in a car accident.

Several years ago I wrote a post regarding trust. Basically, I said that we
are in a unique profession, because our customers trusts us. Front doors are
left unlocked, signed blank checks are left on the piano, and the most
trusting of all, teenage girls are allowed to let us in to tune the piano.

We can protect ourselves to the point where we can't make a living any more. I
do what I do, because I have earned the trust of my customers. By the same
token, we are all in the same boat, and if one of us betrays that trust, then
all of us will suffer.

Wim