Bechstein false beats.

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 21:14:19 +1100

Peter,
Bechsteins are a bit notorious for false beats. There seems to be some
pianos that have falseness designed into them. Despite them, the sound can
actually be very musical, even it is hard work for us?!
How's that for a can of worms?

Mark Bolsius
----------
From: "Peter Kestens" <Kestens.P@Debcom.be>
To: <Pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Bechstein false beats.
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 7:53 AM

KESTENS.P@DEBCOM.BE
BELGIUM

I tuned about a week ago a Bechstein grand; is it normal one hears that much
false beats while tuning?  I don't say it's impossible to do a good job, but
easy is something totally different.  And where do these beats come from?
Only inharmonicity would be to easy to tell (I think).
Thanks for your reply.
Peter