Customers overpay me!

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:09:42 -0500

Lance Lafargue wrote:

> In the last couple of months I have had at least three customers
> intentionally overpay me, I guess because they received more than they
> thought they would, etc.  One lady overpaid me $200 because she was so
> happy, last week $75 overpaid for a $300 job, etc.  (I'm charging $45/hr.)
>  THEN, last month a guy I worked for asked if I would allow him to pay me
> 1/2 in Feb and 1/2 in March since I did more work and charged more than he
> thought (I was open-ended on the original estimate because of the
> uncertainty of what would be needed, I was clear with him).  Now he's
> almost a month late with the balance ($525) and I'm getting a little
> nervous.
>
> My point is just that there is such a difference in people and how they
> treat you, how they  (do or don't) appreciate you, etc.  I've learned never
> to be generous to one person just because everyone else seems so nice.  You
> just can't get mushy with the public!  But I KNEW that, I just got weak!!!!
>
> P.S.
> I had a no-show from a customer who scheduled with me, then got another
> tuner out quicker than I could and forgot to cancel me.  She refuses to pay
> the $45.00 failed appointment charge because "I have nothing writing".
> What do you do with no-shows?  Do we have a case?
>
> LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
> LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
> New Orleans Chapter
> Mandeville, LA.
> _______________________________
> II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
> lafargue@iamerica.net

Send her a bill and give her 30 days to pay. Tell her that if she does
not pay, you will send the info to  the local credit bureau. May  not
help...I've never tried it.

 Yes, I've been bitten like this before.  I always call one or two
nights before and they say" I'm glad you called me, I already had
someone tune the piano."

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild