SAT III

Vince Mrykalo Vince@byu.edu
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:13:00 -0700

Hi John,
The lights have a very clear rotational pattern to them.  Not that they are
brighter, just more definite.  I don't know the type of bugs they worked out.
It's just when I first got the machine, it was hard to read the lights
sometimes, the automatic note-to-note feature was unreliable (half the time I
had to punch the button to get it to advance), and it would just quit working
half way through the tuning for no reason.  Then when I went to turn it back
on, I had to reprogram it all over again.

Yes, I have tried two of the HTs (for the harpsichord only) and they seemed to
work well (no pun intended).  The PR func works sweetly, and no, the FAC works
exactly the same as in the II, except the III has extra buttons for the
page so
you don't shift for that.  The other nice thing about it is the ability you
have to change octave stretch whenever the urge strikes you.

At 02:01 PM 3/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Vince,
>
>Do you mean that the LEDs are clearer to see while tuning - bass through the
>high treble? What type of bugs had to be worked out -
>did you have to send it back to Inventronics? Does the auto-note stepping
work
>great? Have you tried any of the built-in historical temperaments? Is FAC
>measured the same way or is there a provision for more than three note
>samples? How well does the pitch raise function work?
>Thanks,
>
>John Piesik, RPT
>Oceanside, CA

Vince
<mailto:vince@byu.edu>
Visit the web page for the Pacific Northwest Conference at:
<www.pnwpianoconf.com>