Steinway

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:55:46 -0500

Hi Rogerio,

There are several ways to do it.

Changing the action geometry is one, which I do not want to comment on,
since I'm not that familiar with that.  I'm sure there are others here
who could comment on that one.  If the old parts and the new parts were
of different dimension, perhaps this is a place to start.

Another way that can lighten the touch is by lightening the hammers.
I've not hung Renner hammers, so I'm not familiar with them in
particular, but I've seen some new replacement hammers from several
sources that were HUGE!  And it doesn't take much to make a difference.

Also, there are friction issues in a keyboard and an action which can
make an action feel heavy too.

Good luck,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.