question about restringing

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:56:15 -0500

Hi Danny,

Just from my own limited experience, it sounds like the twisting on the
video was a bit overdone.  Most of the bass strings I've put on, I've
started at the lighter strings with 2 twists, but till you get to the
largest strings, I have a hard time getting 1 full twist on them, let
alone 3 or 4.

I would also wonder about the quality of the strings they were using if
they would buzz and rattle in a few years without 3 or 4 turns.  Perhaps
they weren't 'wrapped too tight'???

Just an opinion.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.