Carpal Tunnel

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:24:11 -0500

Allan, quickly,  because I'm running late!  Perhaps the following (excerpt)
is the type of thing you're seeking. Unfortunately, the URL was not inside
the article, and I can't find the site address. Anyone?

==========
PLAYING THE PIANO: PLAYING WITH FIRE?
A STUDY OF THE OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS OF PIANO PLAYING

BY JONAS SEN

A DISSERTATION SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILMENT OF THE
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE OF MA IN MUSIC

SEPTEMBER 1991

ABSTRACT: The present dissertation is a study of injuries and other
occupational disorders related to piano playing. The symptoms of these
ailments will be described and the causes investigated. Pianists' problems
often appear simple but, as I will try to show, they may have complex
ramifications and be of different origins. Various therapies; treatment of
the body and treatment of the mind will therefore be explored. Many case
histories will be presented; of these, the problems and recovery of three
pianists whom I interviewed personally will play the leading part and will
be discussed in some depth throughout the thesis.
==========
[cut... entire thesis is 159K]

At 11:15 AM 3/23/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have received a question from a client about carpal tunnel syndrome. Does
>anyone have any reliable information about touch weight and carpal?
>Sincerely,
>
>Allan D'Autremont

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC