CA pinblock repairs-How?

BSimon1234@AOL.COM BSimon1234@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 16:59:34 EST

Dick Day  wrote:

<<1.  Do you put CA on pin where it enters the bushing and let it run down
into
the block?>>

Yes, with a capillary tube so as not to drop any on the plate.

<<2.  How much CA do you actually use?>>

Depends. Worst case scenario I had was two to three ounces. I have also
treated well with a half ounce.

<<3.  Do you put it all the way around the circuference of the pin or just on
one or two sides?>>

Use thin and it will flow around, you will see a meniscus, that will drain
away. You might go over it again after treating one or all sections, until the
meniscus stays or drains away very slowly. That would indicate that the pin
area was "full."

4.  Where do you buy CA in bigger quantities than the itsy bitsy tubes?

A really good airplane hobby store. "Jet" and some others come in 1/2,  1, 2,
and even 6 ounce bottles. About $10.00 per ounce.

Bill Simon
Phoenix