Proper Approach? - CA pinblock repairs

Tunethepno@AOL.COM Tunethepno@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 09:48:42 EST

In a message dated 3/22/99 4:25:55 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
BSimon1234@AOL.COM writes:

<< I would NEVER use Garfields pintite solution on a piano >>

It has been my understanding that Garfields IS, basically, glycerin and
alcohol. I have used them interchangeably in the past with identical results.
Is there something I don't know about Garfields?

RptBob1@AOL.COM writes:
<>

I just did that a month ago on a basket case upright that had been treated
with glycerin/alco a few years ago and had loose pins again. (nothing to lose)
It went from pulling the tuning lever back around to tunable, but I don't know
about the long term results yet.
Half way through the CA treatment, I discovered several sand paper shims, but
it was too late to turn back. Does anybody know about the effects of this or
any treatment on sandpaper. I admit I'm holding my breath a little on this
one.
John S.