AcryliKey...anybody using it?

BobDavis88@AOL.COM BobDavis88@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 13:39:13 EST

In a message dated 3/21/99 7:44:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
t.seay@mail.utexas.edu writes:

> >I wondered about how easy it is to match color or grain,

Not impossible, but not easy either, in that the colorant which one adds to
the white powder is so strong. It takes an extremely small amount, which I
find hard to control. When it's done, however, the repair is indeed almost
invisible.

We have had some pop out, even with good preparation. It is hard to get a good
mechanical grip on such a small area. Next time I'm going to drill a small
hole into the key to provide a little "foot" for the repair.

Bob Davis