AcryliKey...anybody using it?

Thomas D. Seay t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 09:42:08 -0600

>Hi,
>
>I've seen the advertisement in the Journal month after month about
>AcryliKey.  I just wondered if anyone who's using it would like to
>comment?
>
>I wondered about how easy it is to match color or grain, whether it can
>be used on any of the key coverings, even the new plastic, whether the
>repairs are close to invisible... Is it expensive to use? fast to apply?
>
>I know... questions, questions.  Inquiring minds want to know!  ; - )
>
>Thanks,
>
>Hope you all are having a great weekend!
>
>Brian Trout
>Quarryville, Pa.

Brian,

My understanding is that it is only intended to repair ivory keytops. I
have never tried it on plastic, but it does work quite well on ivory. When
you get the color right and sand it flush with the surrounding surface, the
repair is virtually invisible.

I believe that the preparation of the surface to be repaired is the key, so
to speak, to the success of the repair. Follow the directions exactly and
it should work as well for you as it does for me. I highly recommend this
product.

Tom

Tom Seay
School of Music