Gray market pianos

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 07:08:49 -0600

paulmcrpt@juno.com wrote:

> List,
>
> Can anyone tell us the straight, unbiased info about these used Asian
> pianos that are available in large quantities at such low prices.  I have
<snip>
Paul,
There have been a lot of discussions about these in the past couple of
years on this list - you may want to search the archives for "gray
market". I've tuned a couple of these, a G2 and a G3, both in pretty
decent shape. The dealer here that sells the gray market pianos has a
good reputation and goes to great lengths to make sure the customer is
satisified.

This is not always the case - there are a lot of fly-by-night types
selling these.

Be sure to check the archives.

--
Jerry Hunt