Thoughts...CNC pinblocks... Mark

btrout@desupernet.net btrout@desupernet.net
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:04:01 -0500

Hi Mark,

I haven't seen the Schimmel piano yet.  I've heard that they are very well
made.

There's a new dealer here in town that apparently is selling them, so it likely
won't be long.

The thing that got me to thinking about fitting the block to the flange, NOT
duplicating the old block, is that sometimes, no one ever fit the old block to
the flange!!!  Sometimes, those can take some time.  I guess I could use some
kind of #2 shmutz (as Ron called it,) some epoxy or something to fill in the
gap and call it good, but something about that just goes against my grain so to
speak.  It may work just fine, and the ones I've taken apart that were epoxied
in were doing just fine.  I still wonder about how that epoxy will be doing 50
years from now...

Best wishes, always,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, Pa.