Pinblock Fit

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 02:15:26 -0500

Addendum/clarification to last post:

Sorry. I internally twisted "A colleague of mine has a client..." into "A
client of mine...". Any inferences to "you", Stan, are therefore for your
colleague.

Otherwise, I stand (with flame-suit ordered) on the other comments;
specifically, references to immediate tuning instability vis-a-vis longer
term; likewise, the recommended "approach" in matters of warranty
consideration.

Jim (who has managed to make a long reply -even- longer) Harvey

At 10:15 PM 3/19/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Further to the discussion on pinblock fitting, could someone comment on
>Yamaha's official position on this issue?  A colleague of mine has a client
>whose C3 has a gap between block and flange tapering from 33 thou in the
>bass to about 11 thou in the treble.  The piano apparently suffers from
>tuning instability despite proper humidity control (Dampp Chaser) and
>frequent tuning.
[should'a left this the first time]

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC