piano tuners are 126

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:46:26 EST

In a message dated 3/19/99 6:46:29 PM !!!First Boot!!!, nhunt@jagat.com
writes:

<< Wim, you obviously have not worked at a university at recital time or
 have wroked on the concert stage.  Two quite stressful places.

 		Newton >>

Any profession, no matter how "unstressful," can have a moment or two when a
deadline has to be met.  I see meeting a deadline, and having a stress free
job, as two different things.  A lot depends on how you deal with a deadline.
I think of stress as it relates to the pressures associates with the job over
which a person has no control. Even in a recital situation, the piano tuner
has some control, in that he can always tell the performer, and even the
audience, that the show won't go on until the piano is ready. Not that you
want to do that, but it can happen. Just my 2  cents worth.

Wim