orchestra "shell"

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:25:47 -0800

List,

Something sort along these lines...my local concert
organization wants to build a new stage.  We have a portable
one now, honeycomb with carpet on one side and a dance
floor on the other, but it is a little low for audience sightlines
(no we can't raise the seating area) and the 9 ft. Baldwin on its
truck makes dents in the stage.  Does anyone have any
experience in this sort of thing?  Any sources for stage plans?
We plan to have a hardwood top.  What is the preferred wood?
Maple?

Thanks in advance...