"CA Glues-Chemical Composition"

Daleboy@AOL.COM Daleboy@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:21:19 EST

Dear List,
	I had to get in on the glue thang as recent threads got me to thinking and
questioning my own gathered info on where CA Glue was originated. I had heard
some time ago that this bonding agent was developed from the study of
crustaceans and how they attach themselves to just about anything in the
ocean, even other animals! It is my understanding that early production
of"Super Glues" involved extracting the chemical from mollusks and was later
synthetically reproduced in the Lab.
	Now, upon reading an emphatic statement that current CA Glues actually forms
"Acrylic Plastic" when cured sent my flags up......not to mention what
happened upon reading about the properties of hide glue!
I'm sure all of this must be in the archives already but, if not, let's boil
away the fat and get some responses from folks more educated than me on what's
fact and what's fiction please as I'm concerned that there a those who glean
this list to use a gospel in their business building as a new generation of
piano technicians and it is imperative that the info that they/we get is
solid!
(can i at least get a lil' prize for the longest "run-on sentence???
huh...pleez...)
Thanks-n-Regards,
Dale W.